Anyway, hope everyone had a happy mother's day! I sent cards to our mom's, but neither of them have received them yet. They'll probably get them tomorrow....or Tuesday. I'm still trying to get used to the number of days it takes for snail mail. I guess that Wednesday was too late. :(
My sister sent me this text this morning, "Oscar told me to tell you, 'Happy mother's day. Thanks for being the greatest dog mommy ever. Please let me chase the squirrels.'" I smiled. If only he knew it was mother's day, my mother's day wish would be that he would nap all day and stay out of my way watering flowers. Oscar did get a mother's day surprise though....well, and so did we. We ran to the pet store to pick him up some more dog food and we were looking at kennels. The kennel he currently has is getting pretty tight. He can barley stand in it, so we've been looking to get a new one. However, new large kennels were running about $150 to $200 (and that was on Craigslist.) It was just a little to pricey at the moment. So anyway, I could tell this lady was kind of watching Dave and I contemplate these kennels, and she came up and said, I have a large kennel like this, and I'm really wanting to just get rid of it....I'll just give it to you. I was floored, we of course told her that we'd have to pay her something, so we got it for $50. She lived near our neighborhood and it had only been used for 1 hour, it was for a rescue dog she had fostered, but then had been placed within a few hours of being at her house. I was just soooo excited!! We now call it his mansion, no longer 'the kennel.'
On to another subject. I believe that I have become more...hmmmm....what's the word for it. Well I know the word, because I think it rhymes with witch, but we'll just call me assertive. :) No, actually, I think I've just developed an attitude. I've really always had it, just recently it's been coming out more and more often. I think it's due to the south and how a lot of ladies here act. They're sweet and charming, but you don't cross them. I think all the ladies I work with have rubbed off on me a little bit. Well, maybe a lot. Dave said last week, "Geez, you can be so pleasant and then you just snap into one of your 'moods'." ----I'm really trying to work on that.
Well, Dave's parent's and sister are coming on Friday and we're just sooo excited! So is Oscar, he's going to the bath house and spa on Thursday to get ready to meet them for the first time. It's funny that you can choose between and facial, massage of extra teeth cleaning. He'll be getting the extra teeth cleaning. Yikes, how do you give a dog a facial?? They don't have skin! Or at least his is covered with hair.
Okay, well I better get going, Sweet Home Alabama is on. It makes my heart smile. It's crazy to think that I was obsessed with that movie when it first came out. And here I am, in the heart of Alabama. Well, I guess I should specify that I live in the city. People who come into the clinic.....I can tell who lives in the city and well.......who doesn't. It's very obvious. Hope y'all are doing well! Have a good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment