Sunday, November 22, 2009

Constipated Puppy

So Saturday night Dave and I were invited to a couples baby shower for a girl I work with. We had a really great time...but when we came home we came home to a very constipated puppy. If you're not in the medical field, this may not be funny to you...but looking back on it, we were being obsessive parents.

First, like any good parent would do, we googled Oscar's symptoms and how to 'cure' puppy constipation. We were running through everything in our minds....outloud.
-Is his tummy distended?
-When's the last time he pooed?
-What in the world could he have ate? Maybe Dave should start picking up his socks...
-What if we gave him a laxative and he has a bowel obstruction? He'd perforate his bowel
and then we'd have bigger problems....
-Is there such thing as a nurse line for a vet office?
-If there such a thing as puppy health insurance??

Let me just say that the thought did cross our mind to digitally disimpact. Of course, Dave thought I would be the better option....because I have small fingers?? I don't know. And if you don't know what that is.....consider yourself lucky. Let's just say I was a nervous wreck...but was going to wait until office hours to call, because it really wasn't an 'emergency'.

No comments:

Post a Comment