So Saturday was our day of football. We had some friends over to watch the SEC championship. It was funny, because none of us were from Alabama or Florida. Our group consisted of 3 from Mississippi, and 1 from North Dakota. I was of course rooting for Alabama, so I was happy with that game's outcome. Unfortunately, there then was the Nebraska game...... I'm here, and cheering for Alabama, but it's not nearly the same.
This is how our living room looks when the Nebraska games are on (and Michelle got to experience it first hand): Dave is in the rocker, and I am on the couch. Dave will get up and jump/pace with good and/or bad plays. He knows not to cross into my visual line of the television, because I stay seated on the couch and cheer more with my arms...and he will endure the wrath of Sarah if I miss something. We've tried sitting together on the couch once....but that may lead to a divorce. I'm always silent. Do not speak to me in clutch plays, or speak in general. (Sorry Michelle!)
So last night was a great game, and I'm just sick that we lost. Well, our defense played wonderfully...and I wanted to win it just for them. Sometimes I wonder, do they get along with the offensive players? Maybe the offense has to always buy the defense their 2 am meals at Taco Bell or drinks every night because they repeatedly save their butts!! I'd make 'em.
So anyway, I'm heartbroken, but there's always the bowl game, and of course next year. Maybe we can find a quarter back in the off season. Other than that.....OH, WAIT! We got our first snow Friday night!! (See, it was so uneventful that I nearly forgot!) It was about a trace...but they had been forecasting it all week. I laughed. So I was up at 6:30 am with Oscar Saturday, and it was really pretty on all the trees, (I'll try to put up some pictures on facebook.) But Oscar was beside himself, he sniffed it, decided it was too cold (at 32 degrees) and came back in refusing to pee. Dang southern dog....he's going to have a rough adjustment if he visits Nebraska some winter!
So what did I do that Saturday morning? Well, I normally refuse to go to Walmart....just hate shopping there, but I needed a lot of things, and that was the only place that was open. I figured I would be the only one "crazy" enough to get out in this trace of snow, so Walmart would then be tolerable. It was...there was no one there. The roads were only damp...it only stuck to the grass. Oooh, Alabama. Okay, that's really all for now. Hope all is well!!
No comments:
Post a Comment